playMaker

Author Topic: Word Puzzle game - Prototype complete need assist using Playmaker  (Read 238 times)

tbelgrave

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Ispyr Inc
Hiya guys, haven't been here in some time! I'll try to explain this best I can.

I just need some guidance so I can explore and learn

What I've achieved
- I've completed a word puzzle prototype where the player is given a clue and they use a virtual keyboard trying to guess the answer
- The prototype was made initially using Game Creator but wasn't scalable at the time (Had to create each level manually, it wasn't dynamic)
-Recreated somewhat in UE5 a few months back which had a dynamic level creator using Data Tables / Structs with the following

[Level Num] [Image Clue] [Answer] (Image attached)

It's basically a version of this, but with the addition of the image clue
What I hope to achieve with PM
- PM feels like a solid blend between the power of Blueprint and the ease of Gamecreator (visually)

- Below is the loop

Image also attached showing how I did this in UE, I get this datatable info based on the level, it loops through the answer index and spits out the spots it needs for the user to make a guess

• Main page has a button that leads to the current level (stored in a Global Variable
  • Level Loads and populate with lines to indicate the length of the clue
  • The level data for the specific level contains the [Level Num] [Image Clue] [Answer][Level Num] [Image Clue] [Answer]
  • User enters letters from the virtual keyboard where the letters populate an empty text object until the max length is reached
  • If User guess is correctly compared to the answer stored, bells/whistles and move to a reward screen for collected items such as gold/gems etc

Once I figure out this loop the rest will come. Any assistance would be awesome!

Thx
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 06:17:20 PM by tbelgrave »