playMaker

Author Topic: Texture2D memory leak from Playmaker icons in Unity Editor  (Read 1028 times)

EpicMcDude

• Playmaker Newbie
Texture2D memory leak from Playmaker icons in Unity Editor
« on: February 10, 2022, 08:05:19 PM »
Hello,

Upon posting in the Unity forums about a memory leak issue I'm having, it seems this leak is coming from Playmaker icons in the Editor.
Please see my post here as it's easier to read and see the images - https://forum.unity.com/threads/texture2d-memory-leak-cant-pinpoint-which-one.1237948/#post-7886920

From what I understood looking at the memory profiler, the marked textures in the attachment below are only from Playmaker icons, that aren't being destroyed when upon exiting play mode.
I also think that the icon that is causing a memory leak issue is the one in the 2nd attachment as I noticed that every time I leave that tab the icon disappears and when I re-enter, the icon gets drawn.

Unity 2020.3.26
Playmaker 1.9.3 (I updated last night to 1.9.4 and haven't tried it yet though)

Granted I'm a noob with this kind of stuff, but if one of someone could chime in, it would be great! This problem is making me restarting the editor every hour or so due to increasingly bad performance.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 07:51:26 AM by EpicMcDude »

EpicMcDude

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Texture2D memory leak from Playmaker icons in Unity Editor
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 04:41:48 PM »
After updating to 1.9.4.f2 the issue still persists. I updated my Unity editor to the latest LTS and the issue still remains.

I'm not 100% sure this is from Playmaker, but the memory profiler shows a lot of playmaker icons taking up space. I could use some help here.