playMaker

Author Topic: Pooler Spawn: No such Pool!?  (Read 613 times)

RobotGoggles

• Playmaker Newbie
Pooler Spawn: No such Pool!?
« on: May 09, 2022, 12:35:30 AM »
I've been banging my head against a wall trying to figure out why pooling won't work. In my Init state I pool 100 human soldier prefabs and call the pool HmnSoldier. This part is clearly working since it instantiates 100 soldiers. Then in a later state, I use Pooler Spawn , using HmnSoldier as the Pool Name and get two errors:

Pooler: No Such Pool, try using variables for pools names to avoid mistyping.

and

Pooler: Can't Spawn, max. instances reached?

This was after trying to make the FSM as simple and foolproof as possible. My intention is to pull a string from an array to get the correct pool, but every way I try to configure it I keep getting the same result. Yes, even when i use a string variable for the name.

The really maddening thing is that I'm using the object pooler for a different system that works in pretty much the same way, and it works just fine. As for the max instances, is this referring to something other than the "Max Pooled Objects" property in the Pooler pool action?

Has anyone experienced this with the Pooler actions?
When life hands you insomnia, make video games.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Pooler Spawn: No such Pool!?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 08:17:00 AM »
Hi.
Have you tried setting a number on the max pooled objects?

RobotGoggles

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Pooler Spawn: No such Pool!?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 11:14:12 AM »
I have, with no effect. I also tried disabling the other object using pooling to see if the limits were somehow effecting each other, but no dice.
When life hands you insomnia, make video games.