playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker / Ecosystem Break - Permanent Error 13:15:35  (Read 498 times)

Vigorous Apathy

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker / Ecosystem Break - Permanent Error 13:15:35
« on: March 11, 2023, 01:21:04 PM »
Using Playmaker in my project and tried using Ecosystem to download a Vector3 to Vector2, when doing this the import of the FSM failed and I now have a permanent error preventing any game from starting, 13:15:35.  I deleted the FSM (since something did download / install) and nothing has changed.

Do I just delete the entire Playmaker folder and install from scratch again?  Pray nothing breaks?

Actually have time to gamedev today and I have to deal with this nonsense.

Vigorous Apathy

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker / Ecosystem Break - Permanent Error 13:15:35
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 01:39:01 PM »
I've deleted all of playmaker, any plugin folders, and ecosystem.  Somehow this is still persisting.

Vigorous Apathy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 10:50:36 PM »
I solved it. 

This was not Playmakers fault, you just were standing in the room when Unity decided to do this.

Here's what happened:

1. Opened up Ecosystem, downloaded a script, script would not compile.
2. Editor is throwing weird 32:1:33 console error messages, no text or anything.
3. I think it's something to with my Ecosystem version or playmaker version, update that, the errors get longer.
4. Panic.  Game is stuck, won't play.
5. I deleted all my playmaker / ecosystem stuff to see if that fixed it.
6. It's getting worse.
7. Time passes and I try to figure out the issue online, something about the compiler itself being all jank.
8. Find some random thread saying "don't open it up in HUB, just open up Unity Directly"
9. Fixes the console errors
10. In process of rebuilding my playmaker stuff I deleted in a panic.

It's always the HUB ruining my day.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 05:06:33 AM »
Hi.
I strongly suggest you to use github (Desktop) or other version control system.
It will save you life many times.

its a bit intimidating to use at first, but if you would have used it in this case, you could just have reverted the change it it would be fixed.

also for example if you want to play around with you code to try some stuff and its not working, you can simple revert the change.

Vigorous Apathy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 11:21:51 AM »
Hey djaydino, thanks for the reply. 

Yes, I should impliment github (I use a jank google docs backup system) and plan on implementing it, but this was a Unity base / program issue and NOT a code change / software issue.  Other people who had this same problem online would run into the same exact issue if they made a brand new blank project unable to start any game. 

The only way to remove the error would be to delete all your scripts (which is stupid pointless as it's a lock), so github would unfortunately not have saved me here, which is why it was so frustrating.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 12:51:03 AM »
Hi.
do you have some links that explain the issue and solution (in case someone else get this issue)

it feels like I "Guid" which commonly you can fix by deleting the library folder or Use Reimport All.