PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Share New Actions

EzGUI button input delegate for tap and/or all events

<< < (2/2)

tobbeo:

--- Quote from: jeanfabre on April 20, 2011, 12:22:38 AM ---
-- SM2 We'd need I think actions to control sprite animations, I find myself using a lot of that, instead of animating at a constant framerate for example, useful for powerbars, progress bars, realistic turny buttons etc etc.

-- SM2 Pause, play, etc etc

--- End quote ---

Definitely agree. Also the ability to set what frame to play from, being able to set the loop type, play forward or backward etc. SM2 and Playmaker is one of the biggest things I am missing at the moment.

Wish I had time at the moment to experiment... I will in 8 weeks.

Worst case scenario, I might end up seeing if I can hire someone to create these actions for me if there's no progress on this front.

qholmes:
OK so i figured out how to use it... Just save the code as a Name.cs file and put it in the Actions folder... Then it shows up. Put it on the Start action and set the Event for the different states... it throws an error until you add the Event into your FSM.. not rocket science i know but had never done it before..

So i needed to use Mouse down and Mouse up for FF and RW buttons so i added those to my Action with Press and Release events... Then i thought i might need Mouse Over and then Mouse Exit as well... So i was going to add those as well but i thought i would try the other original Action and it does that already... I do not understand that script and how it manages to call all the standard Events with one line but i guess that will be a mystery for another day..

Is there a drawback to using the original Action script? Why make one that only does Tap?

With this one you can specify the specific Events but i dont mind using the standard ones.

Q

qholmes:
Can anyone tell me how to get the value of a Radio button or a Toggle Button this way?

Q

qholmes:
Ok, So Tried using the original Action Script and it does not seem to trigger my Events... They flash but they do not actually trigger.. I dont know why. But if i use the Action Script from this page with my additional edits then it works fine..

I still dont know how to get the Value from a Radio Button. IF anyone knows how to do that.

Q

qholmes:
Update.. I was able to figure out how to get at the Values of the Radio Buttons.. so this is good. It is pretty ugly code right now.. But it works.

Although it does not pick up on the initial state of the button... i assume because there has not been a change. Not sure how to fix that.

Q

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version