playMaker

Author Topic: move objects to positions and make sure they're not overlapping.  (Read 1702 times)

elusiven

• Debt we all must pay...
Hi there,

So a week ago or so I was struggling with my grid, I managed to use the layout groups to make this all look how it should do.

So this gets feeded from xml, and automatically creates the rows in a grid for words... Max 3 rows and it dynamically adjusts the boxes to fit words too.

Now what I need to do is this: Click on random word -> word moves on position 1, click on another random word -> word moves on position 2 -> build string from these two positions -> compare string to question. 

(So basically, once you click on a word it will go up, on the lines and eventually by doing that you would build up a SENTENCE)

The only thing is how would I position those position points so that they are laying out in sort of same grid but word by word if clicked on?

Thanks for any input!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: move objects to positions and make sure they're not overlapping.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 04:36:54 PM »
Hi,
If you tried my sample you could do a same kind of thing
When you click a word use "set parent" to set it to the top line

If you have not tried my sample yet, you can get it on my website

I will continue working on the tutorial when my graveyard duty is done (5 days to go) :)

elusiven

• Debt we all must pay...
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 02:03:46 PM »
Hey, thanks for reply. Your sample does similar thing then? Which one is it? There is a couple on your website :)

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 06:47:43 PM »
Hi,
dynamic boxes on this page