playMaker

Author Topic: Color Correction switching?  (Read 2596 times)

Adam Z

Color Correction switching?
« on: January 24, 2014, 04:45:46 PM »
I have "zones" which are marked by a colliders for each area. What I would like to do is fade in my chosen Color Correction settings for each zone, so the deeper you get into each location the more the Color Correction increases. 

As an example; one zone would have a red tint. If you haven't entered that area the color change would be at 0%. 10ft in would be 50%, 20ft in would be at 100%. So I would like to fade in and out the coloring based on entering/exiting the area.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Gav (HeyBud)

• Tumblr
Re: Color Correction switching?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 07:30:05 PM »
I'm trying to learn Unity and Playmaker so don't put too much stock into these thoughts. I wonder if you could try using Raycast to figure the distance between 2 game objects and then use Animate Color to change the color of the desired game object. edit: maybe The FSM could be activated when you enter your trigger zone to save on resources.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:31:55 PM by Sarcophagav »

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 07:53:38 PM »
Assuming you're using image effects, you would simply blend the setting based on the distance into the zone - do you know how to change the setting on image effects via Playmaker?

Adam Z

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 01:55:35 PM »
I have no idea how to change the image effects. What's that under?

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 02:35:09 PM »
If you drag the image effect script (from the component editor) onto the state window you will be asked if you want to set or get properties, select set and in the drop down, select the attribute of the effect you want to set (normally as a float). You can then use something like float ease to smoothly change the values.