PlayMaker Help & Tips > VR Help

Dont have much hair left trying to figure this out, VR Help Please

<< < (3/4) > >>

tcmeric:
Can you refresh my memory. What is the time in the video that I did that (so i can have a look).

When you hit play, is the VRTK controller still in your hierarchy? Can you send some screenshots of the your FSM? And a screenshot of your controllers scripts that it has attached?

beowulfkaine:

--- Quote from: tcmeric on April 25, 2017, 03:07:32 AM ---Can you refresh my memory. What is the time in the video that I did that (so i can have a look).

When you hit play, is the VRTK controller still in your hierarchy? Can you send some screenshots of the your FSM? And a screenshot of your controllers scripts that it has attached?

--- End quote ---

I made a video to get a better video of what I'm talking about:;

https://youtu.be/7CgGAcLLjKA

[edit] : Not 15 Minutes Later:

Well I finally figured it out, it turns out that since my "Player" character is in his own scene and I have these scenes are all loaded at once, apparently the get trigger from VRTK shows missing because the player scene is either not loaded yet or ?? Either way, I moved the player back into the scene its in and all is working as it should be.

The reason I had the player in a separate scene is because I wanted to have the player separate to easily move him in between scenes as I have a huge mansion that is loaded into separate scenes at runtime when entering the area.  Honestly this makes so much sense now, frustrating that I've been monkey dangling this for like 2 weeks trying to figure this out.

TAKEAWAY: Player & VRTK must be in the same scene that is getting requested to use VRTK controllers.

tcmeric:
Glad you got it worked out  :)

beowulfkaine:
Again I want to thank you for all the help you have given me, It's been invaluable.  You should do like a training course like this guy: http://thestrangeschool.com/

I would totally pay!

beowulfkaine:
Its amazing the more I mess with playmaker the more it makes sense. I guess daily use would just increase proficiency!

I do have a question. I have everything working exactly as I would like, I have the breaker being able to be grabbed, I have a trigger collider on the switch so when the controller enters the collider they can activate the switch and not from anywhere. (though I have noticed that if I am holding the breaker I cannot activate the switch because the collider is not registering a collision from the controller because its disabled. Since the rigid body option only works when something is not in the hand is there a way to tell the fsm that an object in hand is ok to be used?

Well my actual question is this. For now I can only get one controller to work, its odd too because I will specify say for example left controller, and now and again it will switch from the physical controller as to which is considered left?

But anyway, my thinking is, if I can set the enter trigger controller as a bool then use that as the get trigger pressed bool somehow, then which ever one enters will be used? Not sure how I would do that or if it can be done? What do you think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version