playMaker

Author Topic: Global Variables Gone After Updating Playmaker [SOLVED]  (Read 3610 times)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Global Variables Gone After Updating Playmaker [SOLVED]
« on: March 29, 2024, 02:48:54 PM »
After updating my project from Playmaker 1.9.4.f2 to 1.9.8.f1 my global variables are gone.

It's under Assets\Plugins\PlayMaker\Resources and the asset says "The Associate script can not be loaded."

I've tried assigning the proper mono script to it, but still no luck.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 05:14:33 PM by Graham »
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Global Variables Gone After Updating Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 06:33:31 PM »
Are there any errors in the console? Have you restarted Unity after updating?
Are you able to make a new GlobalVariables asset?

Are you using version control and text assets? You could try diffing the asset.

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
Re: Global Variables Gone After Updating Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2024, 12:19:54 PM »
In the end I was able to assign the proper mono script, as there were two with the same name and only one of them works.

After getting the script reference fixed, I had to an existing FSM in the project, go to a state that was supposed to be accessing a global variable, and then "recreate" the global variable using the same name as the one existing in the global variables asset.

Somehow this restored all links in the remaining FSMs and global variables are once again working.
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!