playMaker

Author Topic: Beginner question:  (Read 1763 times)

newace

• Playmaker Newbie
Beginner question:
« on: February 11, 2015, 04:58:50 PM »
why this script does not work properly? I have no other active scripts, and I also tried to do it again from scratch several times.

The script is required to move a ball, if I do it via c # is successful, using this instead produces a latency in the commands of a second, making it unusable.
The problem seems to be caused by Vector3 normalize and Vector3 multiply. (I'm not talking about the normal rigidbody latency)

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Beginner question:
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 05:13:44 PM »
During play what do the debug values look like? Have you tried dropping the drag on the planet? Is it actually necessary to normalize the input vector?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

newace

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 05:34:29 PM »
I'm not a programmer, I have only minimal knowledge
I'm starting to work on a top down shoter, and I need that when the player moves diagonally normalize its speed.
In addition, the player moves ignoring gravity, but using the collision physics.
I know how to do it in c # but I wanted to understand why it does not work well in playmaker.

values seem right. The problem is the controls do not respond as they should, when I leave the keys, the player continues to move with a delay of almost two seconds before starting to slow.
When I remove vector3 normalize and vector3 multiply this does not happen and the physical responds perfectly. (But not normalized)

I hope it's my fault and not a bug.
I'm sorry for my English, I hope you understand my problem.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »
When using physics forces there will always be drift time after you let go of the input key. The rate at which the rigidbody slows down is determined by the Drag value.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D