playMaker

Author Topic: Problem following "Build a Third Person Controller" tutorial  (Read 1378 times)

PowerPlayer

• Playmaker Newbie
Problem following "Build a Third Person Controller" tutorial
« on: March 17, 2014, 01:25:32 AM »
Hello.  I'm very new to Unity and I just got Playmaker since it's on sale for an affordable price.  I'm trying to follow the tutorials, but I've already hit a roadblock.

The current tutorial I am stuck on can be found at http://www.screencast.com/users/HutongGames/folders/PlayMaker/media/e73a91a6-8b33-4e6a-8e4c-c4533f32adb6

I've followed the tutorial to a T, and when I hit the play button, the capsule just moves on its own.  Using WASD doesn't have any effect on the capsule.  I don't understand why this is, because I followed every single step in the tutorial.

Update:  Ok so after I zoomed out, I noticed the capsule wasn't just moving; it was falling.  I noticed in the video that there is an actual ground for the capsule to stand on, while in my project, it's just a grid.  How would I go about including a ground to fix this?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:43:44 AM by PowerPlayer »

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Problem following "Build a Third Person Controller" tutorial
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 12:27:11 PM »
Update:  Ok so after I zoomed out, I noticed the capsule wasn't just moving; it was falling.  I noticed in the video that there is an actual ground for the capsule to stand on, while in my project, it's just a grid.  How would I go about including a ground to fix this?

Just create a box, scale it and make sure it has a collider component, put it below the controller and when you press play the controller will fall onto the floor.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D