playMaker

Author Topic: Making a Spline path for a player to run on while playing.  (Read 1562 times)

Resistance21

• Playmaker Newbie
Making a Spline path for a player to run on while playing.
« on: August 02, 2014, 12:30:28 PM »
Hi guys,

I am currently trying to make it so that a player can draw out a path on the screen which they can then run along. I would also like it to start destroying it self from the start point to the end point after a while.

So far I am using mouse picks on a plane to just spawn cylinder objects at the mouse position, This works but the character bounces around to much since it is colliding with the multiple collides form the spawned game objects.

I have done some looking around and am now looking at trying to draw these paths with splines but am not really sure how to start with this (never used spline in unity before).

I found a plugin "Curvy" which has custom actions with play maker but I can not work out if it is able to do what I am trying to do.

A good example that I found to demonstrate what i am trying to do can been seen in this video:

The difference from how it works in the video is that I want the player to be able to control the character like normal such as running left and right, jumping, etc.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks