playMaker

Author Topic: Input.GetAxisRaw  (Read 3419 times)

wheretheidivides

Input.GetAxisRaw
« on: January 25, 2015, 02:59:46 PM »
I have a pause game window set up.  When using timescale=0 the joystick UDLR will not work so you can't use those for input.  The only input you may have is a mouse or cursor.  When Time.timeScale is set to zero, none of the normal "Update", "FixedUpdate" and similar functions are called.  This means that 'GetAxis' will not work. 

However, Input.GetAxisRaw will work even if time scale is 0.  So I do not see a Input.GetAxisRaw action.  Is there one or could one be made?  It seems easy and fast to do and would help out.  I think this would fix the problem, but then again I could be wrong.

So it's really a action event like 'axis event' but using raw.  That way a person can just set the direction.

I did set the timescale to 0.0001 and the joystick UDLR worked.  However, there still should be a Input.GetAxisRaw action made as this is a dumb work around.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 03:22:44 PM by wheretheidivides »

PlaymakerNOOB

Re: Input.GetAxisRaw
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 10:48:07 PM »
An older version is available here:  http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2488.msg11081#msg11081

Attached is a minor mod to Jeans version to provide Input.GetAxisRaw although I havent tested it yet. 

wheretheidivides

Re: Input.GetAxisRaw
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 11:25:35 AM »
nice job