playMaker

Author Topic: App which shares lists between users.  (Read 1804 times)

mitchelq

App which shares lists between users.
« on: April 06, 2015, 08:52:24 AM »
Hi there,

I need to make an app where different users can share a gui list. I can make the list and all in playmaker but I just have no idea how to share it between users.

In detail what I'm looking to achieve:

An app where you can log-in to your own account (best be based on someones phonenumber like what'sapp)
Then you can create your own list or access a shared list.
When you create your own list you can add users to it, who then can interact with the list the same way as you can.
When a user who had been added to that list opens his app he will see the shared list in his list of lists.

So I really don't know where to start on this and what extensions to use. This might not be a playmaker question but if it's possible with the use of playmaker I would like to use it. If I need other assets I prefer ones that work well with playmaker and don't require a lot of programming.

I hope my question is clear. Thanks in advance for any advice on the topic.

Best regards,

Mitchel

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: App which shares lists between users.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 03:17:50 AM »
Hi,

You'll need a full blown back end with database.

Parse would be the most  approachable system, but could be expensive if you get traffic.

else, there isn't any easy answer to this if you don't know how to code. On the asset store, you'll find lots of asset giving you access to this kind of service, but they are all 100% scripts, you will be able to hook it up with PlayMaker, but again, scripting will likely be required here and there to create custom actions and delegates.

Bye,

Jean

mitchelq

Re: App which shares lists between users.
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 03:02:11 PM »
Hi Jean,

Thanks for your reply, I will look into Parse as it does seem to do what I want. Not sure I can work with it, but I will try.

Thanks!

Mitchel