playMaker

Author Topic: Issue with Animator  (Read 1419 times)

SeriousRPG

• Playmaker Newbie
Issue with Animator
« on: April 19, 2015, 10:11:17 AM »
Hi,
I am using Playmaker and Photon. I use Photon Network Instantiate to load my player. For animation I am using an animator and human mecanim.

The player has a hierarchy like this:
Player
  HumanName
  Skin_1
     Head,etc.
     Hip_Bone (plus nested rest of bone structure)
  Skin_2
     Head,etc.
  Skin_3
     Head,etc.
  Camera

I start with all "skins" disable but one. If I want a different character I deactivate the "active" one and enable another one. I noticed that the player's animator only appears to work so the player is not stuck in t-pose when the enabled one is the first one (top most one). When the player is stuck in t-pose the actual animator is showing that animator states are active. I also have a playmaker mecanim sync FSM on it and it too shows the correct "active" state - the player just stands in t-pose. The topmost skin works fine.

What am I doing wrong - or how do I otherwise manage the potential for the player to chose the "skin" they want?

Thanks,
Sandi   

SeriousRPG

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Issue with Animator (SOLVED)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 05:49:25 PM »
Hi,
I figured it out. I have to create all the "skins" with the animator components (so that the "Player" only acts as a parent and does not contain the animator, bones or animator script. Now when I swap out a "skin" it is really swapping out the whole character render plus animator controls. I googled "retarget mecanim" and found what I was looking for as a guide.