PlayMaker Feedback > Action Requests

Set / Get Rigidbody and Physic Material[SOLVED]

(1/2) > >>

dasbin:
I apologize if I am missing something obvious and this already exists somewhere.

But I've looked at all the actions in PlayMaker and can't find ones for getting or setting RigidBody properties (freeze x/y/z position/rotation, interpolate, collision detection, drag, etc).
There are a couple small Actions for setting Gravity, Kinematic, and Mass, that's it.

Also nothing for getting or setting Physic Material.

This seems like a bit of an oversight considering these are core functionality of Unity.

Right now I'm calling a custom script to change these behaviours, which is not only clunky, it is also bad for performance (since the script has to be called multiple times on different objects, it must be working in FixedUpdate() even though it just needs to change the settings once when called - there is probably a better way to do this in scripting anyway, but I am not a programmer).

Anyway, having a built-in Action for this would make a whole lot of sense.

jeanfabre:
good point. I think this kinds of needs ( for example to set the interpolate at runtime) is small, but nonetheless for completness it would be good to have them

if you have a need in particular, let me know, and I'll do them custom actions.

Bye,

Jean

dasbin:
Thanks very much.

Well, right now I'm A) changing the physic material, and B) engaging and disengaging an X-position constraint lock while leaving other currently-engaged constraints on (the only way I found to do this without resetting the others was to re-declare all the constraints every time, but I'm sure there's a better way)

taforyou:
I'm sorry for dig this topic. But i really need to find how to set variables in rigidbody properties thought Playmaker

all variables would be nice if possible according to unity3d referencehttp://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Rigidbody.html

actually variables that i really need to config are about angular related (eg. angular velocity)

if there any thread that already solve my issue  please tell me or is there any possible that i can have these action ?

Thank you

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Can you try this?

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=2493.msg11092#msg11092

Bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version