playMaker

Author Topic: Photon Serialization tracking inactive view  (Read 2820 times)

SeriousRPG

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon Serialization tracking inactive view
« on: June 03, 2015, 09:11:57 PM »
Hi,
I have a strange problem. I have a player GO that the user can choose which body to use (male/female) so the player GO has two bodies in the player GO hierarchy. Both bodies start out with all game objects deactivated. Based on the user's choice, I activate (Activate Game Object Recursive=true) the correct body.

The problem is that each body has it's own photon view and I see a warning "Received OnSerialization for view ID xxxx. We have no such PhotonView!" for the photon view which is part of the deactive game object (body). How do I turn on/off the PhotonView's Observe option? (ie I need to set Observed Components, so I need to turn off the whole Photon View of the ones I don't want).

Sandi 

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon Serialization tracking inactive view
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 02:48:04 AM »
Hi,

it's likely because on the other side of the network, you haven't synchronized the switch.

I would suggest not trying to enabled disable such system, but instead simply load them from resources, then it will be a lot cleaner, else, you will need to maintain consistency across your network so that your player representation is rigth ( if the user selects female, you need to also affect the instances running across the server on other machines).

Bye,

Jean