playMaker

Author Topic: Question about the procedural tutorial on youtube  (Read 2612 times)

flora

• Playmaker Newbie
Question about the procedural tutorial on youtube
« on: April 26, 2015, 01:20:00 PM »
hello :)

i was looking at your latest tutorial on youtube :

How do you save the generated objects (as a gameObject) once they have been randomly placed ?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:11:41 PM by flora »

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Question about the procedural tutorial on youtube
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 06:42:46 AM »
I didn't make the tutorial but I think that was designed to not save the positions so that every time you run the game they go to different places-

If you wanted to save their positions/game objects- you could use get/set position and a bool to check if their positions had already been generated- if they have use the previously saved position/vector3 and set position/save game object based on that
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 07:01:02 AM »
For storing them you would typically create the object and Add it to an Array. You could do this with Arrays that are in 1.8 or Arraymaker.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

flora

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 09:16:48 AM »

hey  :)

Many thanks for helping !!!

If you wanted to save their positions/game objects- you could use get/set position and a bool to check if their positions had already been generated- if they have use the previously saved position/vector3 and set position/save game object based on that

i was thinking something on those lines too, but it is the saving of all the positions that i am not sure how too approach ...

For storing them you would typically create the object and Add it to an Array. You could do this with Arrays that are in 1.8 or Arraymaker.

you are right .. arrays should be the way to go, i am just not very familiar with them yet ...
downloading Arraymaker right now.
Any good beginner tutorial you could point me to , to get started with playmaker and arrays?

merci jean  :)
thank you mdotstrange  :)

mdotstrange

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 10:19:27 AM »
Another member to these forums just recently put up these Arraymaker tutorials http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=9800.msg46537#msg46537
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

flora

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 10:43:34 AM »

Another member to these forums just recently put up these Arraymaker tutorials http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=9800.msg46537#msg46537

i was looking at them right now .. but the author starts with already made FSMs and add upon them .. it is a bit hard to follow for my level .. i am looking for a few simple examples started from scratch to introduce me to the complex world of arrays ... but these will do nicely, once i have grasped the basics.

mdotstrange

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2015, 11:29:13 AM »
Ok yeh when I started with arraymaker it was difficult to learn at first- a big help are the examples that come with the package- check those out-

Once you figure out how to use them they are awesome  :)

flora

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2015, 12:24:35 PM »

the examples for unityV5 are not released yet ... coming soon !

it is why i am in troubles :)