playMaker

Author Topic: Looking for a good way to intigrate Google docs with Playmaker  (Read 2171 times)

jasperPT

• I am a VFX Animator teaching myself to make games
Hi,

I am working on a project where I would like to be able to convert an array or hash table into a google doc spreadsheet and back again.

All I would need is basic int and string values to work.

Has anyone had any experience with this? There seem to be a few options on the unity store, I was thinking maybe SQLitekit would work (just watching a video of it now) although it seems quite old, and the reviews seem to have some slight issues with it.

Any advice would be much apreciated.

Cheers,
Jasper.

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Looking for a good way to intigrate Google docs with Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 09:47:29 AM »
I've used Google-Fu to populate an array using a Google sheets spreadsheet but I've never tried to go back the other way- not sure if it does that
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 10:53:17 AM »
I've used Google-Fu to populate an array using a Google sheets spreadsheet but I've never tried to go back the other way- not sure if it does that

I believe the next version does this, saw something about it in the beta notes but didnt test it myself.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

jasperPT

• I am a VFX Animator teaching myself to make games
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 08:01:34 AM »
Yeh I had a look at that, will check out the stuff on the beta for the next version. The current one definitely doesn't allow for in game uploading.

I am using it to create a level editor so need it to work at runtime and be able to upload