playMaker

Author Topic: Android Native Audio  (Read 5248 times)

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
Android Native Audio
« on: May 04, 2015, 08:40:26 AM »

Unity Asset Store: Android Native Audio

Unity's audio system is powerful, but on Android that power sometimes comes at a cost: latency! If you're finding a delay between when you expect a sound and when you hear it, Android Native Audio (ANA) can help.

ANA provides easy access to the native Android audio system for low-latency audio playback. You can play native audio with as few as three lines of code! ANA also features the complete range of audio controls offered by Android and detailed debug logging.

"Works perfectly, and it’s exactly what I needed – thanks Christopher! My whole game now works almost as fluent as on the iPhone"

New in 2.0
Introducing ANA Music! You can now play long tracks, great for rhythm games. You can even play music with the app in the background!

Also new is loading callbacks. Know exactly what has loaded and when.

Test the difference on your device right now!
Download ANA Test
Test the difference on your device right now!
Download ANA Music Test

Includes split application binary support. ANA will automatically find and load your sound files from either the APK or an OBB.

Includes demo scenes and complete documentation.
Download ANA Manual
Download ANA Music Manual

ANA also includes a full set of PlayMaker actions and a demo scene. Adding low-latency audio to your PM project is a snap!

Note that ANA bypasses the Unity audio system entirely, so it cannot use Unity features such as filters or 3D and will not work with other audio assets such as Master Audio.

Also note that audio latency can have many contributing factors, including hardware and Android itself. ANA only removes most of the latency generated by Unity. This will be different on every device. Use the test APKs above to check the reduction on specific devices.

If you have any questions, just drop me a line!
support@ChristopherCreates.com

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 07:28:59 AM by Tricky_Widget »

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
Re: New Asset: Android Native Audio, with full PM support!
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »
Updated to 1.1

Now with split application binary support!  Automatically finds and loads audio from APKs or OBBs.

I also added a non-Android default AudioSource to the PM Play action for easy multi-platform support.

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Android Native Audio
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 03:22:49 PM »
Version 1.2 adds an option to load audio files from Application.persistentDataPath

Version 1.3 adds inline documentation in MonoDevelop or Visual Studio

:)

PlaymakerNOOB

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 08:33:22 AM »
This tool is pretty neat.  I have started to notice I have this issue in some circumstances.

If I cant seem to solve it, for sure it'll be buying this asset.

Tricky_Widget

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 07:31:14 AM »
New in 2.0
Introducing ANA Music! You can now play long tracks, great for rhythm games. You can even play music with the app in the background!

Also new is loading callbacks. Know exactly what has loaded and when.