playMaker

Author Topic: Use a GUI button to select a touch-based moving character  (Read 1452 times)

bazzajunior

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Molber Games
Use a GUI button to select a touch-based moving character
« on: May 13, 2015, 07:03:27 PM »
I'm building a game where I have four unique characters (vehicles), all on the 'stage' at the same time. I've used the touch input control to allow movement of the characters in a 3D world space, but as expected, when tapping on the screen to move one, they all move at the same time.

Is it possible to create a layout of four GUI buttons to select the specific character I wish to move? As an example, pressing 'Ch1' button would select the 1st character (but no-one else), pressing 'Ch2' would then select the 2nd character but disable the 1st.

My thought was to create a global Boolean variable which would state 'true' or 'false' as to whether the character was live. As the game starts, the 1st character would be live but the others all dormant.

Does this idea sound feasible? I'm new to PlayMaker and as an artist rather than a programmer, I know what I want to do but don't always now the best path to take.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Barry