playMaker

Author Topic: UI Image Fade[SOLVED]  (Read 4169 times)

raiden

• Playmaker Newbie
UI Image Fade[SOLVED]
« on: May 18, 2015, 10:36:22 PM »
Hi all, pretty new at Playmaker, but I'm really wanting to learn to use it. I am starting simple, basically in all my games, I start with fading in my company logo, displaying for 5 seconds, then fading out, and finally loading the menu scene.

Not sure whats up with my setup, but I have a feeling, SetProperty.cs does not affect a UI Image object, currently what happens in this setup, is that the UI Image alpha sets to 0, but is not affected by the EaseFloat action as it is incrementing the float variable FadeValue.

Here's a shot of my setup:

Sorry if this has already been answered, and thanks for any help. :)

-raiden
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 06:35:44 AM by jeanfabre »

marv

• Junior Playmaker
Re: UI Image Fade
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 05:06:55 AM »
Hey,
I'm pretty new myself (started ~4 weeks ago with unity/playmaker) so my advice might not be the best or most elegant solution for your problem... but I've started using the animator for my menus recently to get slideIn/Out & fadeIn/Out effects going there.

I think you can achieve what you are looking for this way quite easily.

Here's a pretty indepth Tutorial Playlist on the whole uGUI system using the animator for menu navigation that helped me a lot in this regard.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLt_Y3Hw1v3QTEbh8fQV1DUOUIh9nF0k6c

raiden

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 09:18:40 PM »
Hi marv, hey thnx so much for the response, and actually that's pretty fitting for what I need, since basically i am animating a float value.

Great set of videos too, thnx for sharing!

-raiden

raiden

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 08:01:12 PM »
hi again, well, I created a simple legacy animation, which has the fading sequence i'm after, and even though the animation fades the logo in and out properly, the FSM I created has no affect on the Image, kinda strange cause its running like it should playing the animation, but the image is not fading using Playmaker?

This seems fairly simple, just can't figure out why this is happening.

(Note: I am now using Unity 5)

Here is the new updated FSM:

Thanks for any help.

-raiden

raiden

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 09:03:47 PM »
nm, :)

I attached uGUIGraphicSetColor, and checkmarked "Every Frame" and it works!

-raiden