playMaker

Author Topic: Player lock on to Enemy Camera Help  (Read 1995 times)

kierenhovasapian

• Playmaker Newbie
Player lock on to Enemy Camera Help
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:23:05 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I have a pretty firm knowledge of Playmaker however I am having a problem with a camera lock on idea.

Basically I want my 3rd person camera that I have working perfectly fine to move higher over the player and include in the frame at all times the locked on enemy.

Game layout in steps:
  • Player walks up to enemy (third person camera)
  • Enemy runs up to Player *Breaks distance barrier*
  • Player's Camera, lifts up higher to include enemy and player in frame
  • player runs out of distance barrier or kills enemy.
  • reset camera position. repeat from step one.

The camera system I imagine is quite similar to that found in the Batman Arkham games, 3rd person to lifted 3rd person with enemies included.

The hard part I can't figure out is how to raise the camera based of the position.

Would I use a blank game object - with a find gameobject "enemy" tag, then set a look at to look at enemy while raycasting for a test distance, and then set a float to test if it's under a certain value trigger camera to raise...

I hope someone understands what I mean.

Cheers and hope to help out the community here too with your own questions!

hellzer

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Player lock on to Enemy Camera Help
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 12:03:01 AM »
If I understand,you should you something to translate from a vector 3.So make  1 object up where you want and store a vector 3.Every time you want your camera to move,just make it move to this vector 3.

kierenhovasapian

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Player lock on to Enemy Camera Help
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 01:03:03 AM »
Ah okay, So place a gameobject to where the camera should move and then use a get position and store vector 3. Then possibly ITween the camera between the two points - one point for 3rd person and one for the fighting / action camera.

That would work I think! I'll test and report back later.