playMaker

Author Topic: Action/state changes not being saved with Unity 5  (Read 4592 times)

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Action/state changes not being saved with Unity 5
« on: March 27, 2015, 09:02:30 AM »
I'm using the latest version of Playmaker with Unity 5.0.0f4 64bit on a fresh/non-upgraded project with Windows 7 64bit

This is happening a lot and seemingly at random with normal game objects and prefabs-

State problems-

I'll create a state and add actions- I'll click back over to another state and back to the original and the actions are gone

Action problems-

I'll make some changes to an action on a state- click to a different state and back to the original state and the changes to the action are gone

These state and action losses/resets also happen after running the game and re-launching the program randomly-

This is only happening with Playmaker- changes to other scripts/assets work fine- 

Would upgrading to the latest patch release of Unity help? Thanks
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Action/state changes not being saved with Unity 5
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 07:24:33 PM »
If anyone is curious about this- I stopped using Unity 5 64bit and went to Unity 5 32bit and these issues are much less frequent now- they still happen periodically but not nearly as bad as with the 64bit version
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 07:30:28 AM »
Hi,

very odd, thanks for the feedback.

Bye,

Jean

sebaslive

• Frame Tale Studios
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:56:11 AM »
This is also happening to me and it can be a bit frustrating... I do not have unity3D 32 bit

*gif isn't working well. Check out this video for an example. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57b0dyY8kME&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 09:47:49 AM by sebaslive »
All my VR games use Steam VR Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/u20
And Oculus Touch Playmaker Toolkit: http://u3d.as/QT5

Follow me @sebasRez

jayhfd

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 01:22:06 AM »
I'm having the same problem. Started a new project with Unity 5, Playmaker 1.7.8.3

I've noticed that changes to vars wont save, and that new actions added to states will disappear.

I've removed all plugins from the scene and the same thing continues.

Tried quitting Unity and restarting, and it seems that the first change will actually save but then subsequent ones wont. Once I tried readding an action a few times, each one disappeared after hitting play, then after restarting Unity, those actions appeared in the state, minus the existing actions. Really weird.

There are a couple warning/errors that appear in the Console:
"state.FSM != ActiveFsm
Unity Engine.Debug:LogError(Object)"

"Cleaning up leaked objects in scene since no game object, component or manager is referencing them PlayMakerGlobals has been leaked 1 times."

This is a tiny project at this stage so I could share if you need.

Cheers,
Jay

inkoqnito

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 05:26:57 PM »
This is happen to me to, am trying to change the texture offset but can't seems to add new action after i removed one! Completely newbie with playmaker but this seems very strange.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2015, 02:52:49 AM »
Hi,

I am not too sure on how to address this, I have been looking at project already exposing this issue, but haven't found why it does this and how to solve it.

if you have backups, the best way is to try and find ways to update playmaker ( stay in Unity 4.x if you can, if the goal is to move to Unity5, and once playmaker is updated to the latest, then update to Unity 5).

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator