playMaker

Author Topic: (Shruriken) Emit Burst  (Read 3760 times)

Red

(Shruriken) Emit Burst
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:12:31 PM »
This is an action that just goes into a shuriken particle system and emits a burst of particles that the user defines. It's very simple (and adapted from both the Unity manual and referencing the other Shuriken actions that are in existence.)

How to use this action.

• Input the gameObject that has the particle system on it.
  • Tell it how many particles to emit.

That's it.

When using this, I've used it for a bullet trail and muzzle-flash system... On those, in order to ensure that the particle system is cleanly used, I set the emitter in the Particle window/tab to "none" (this doesn't seem to negatively affect the performance of this action) It doesn't seem to mind if the particle system is looping or not either. So, it's here if you needed something like this.

If you think there could be more shuriken actions made, I can see what I can do about that. I only put this one together because I was getting a little tired of the "Set Property" action having to reset the particle timer, turning it on/off, etc. in order to get a particle to be released (as is the case with the bullet trails.)

If you have any suggestions, critiques, advise, by all means let me know. Anything I can do to help improve my coding knowledge is more than welcome.

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: (Shruriken) Emit Burst
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 07:03:43 PM »
Thank you for making this action and sharing- it sounds very useful  :)
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

dudebxl

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 09:42:41 AM »
coooool :)

Groo Gadgets

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:14:17 PM »
This is REALLY useful! Thank you so much!

Qbanyto

• Vista Larga, Paso corto
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 11:02:30 PM »
Is this still working?

I have an object (particle system) that’s a child of my main character. And I only need it to burst particles at certain points.

I currently do this by activating/deactivating the particle object (particles “play on wake” so this works fine) but I prefer to just leave this parented particle object activated the whole time and just shoot burst of particles where I tell it too.

It’s not working for some reason. Has anyone got this to work?