playMaker

Author Topic: New series targeting beginners, Tips/Tricks/Breakdown-ish  (Read 13478 times)

Rixly239

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: New series targeting beginners, Tips/Tricks/Breakdown-ish
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2015, 06:06:46 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm on the verge of purchasing, especially seeing the features for 1.8  :)

One question: I read somewhere that 1.8 will bring in some changes that mean backward compatibility issues... so it made me think... should I get cracking on the older video tutorials, or wait for some new ones?

This thread hasn't been updated in a while, is this project still underway?

I know the basics of Unity, should be able to get running with this quickly... I can code a bit but just don't have the time, hence PM  8)

Thanks for any info,

Rixly

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 06:28:16 PM »
I have not had time to make new videos, but all of the tutorials on the channel are still valid. I recently remade all of the scenes and source files for the Game Development With Playmaker series which was recorded in 2011. They're still completely coherent and easy to follow in the latest version. Also, with all of the videos, any changes in the UI are annotated in the videos whenever we find them.

The biggest thing in 1.8 is that a lot changed on the back end with how it reads and saves FSMs so it can be buggy to upgrade big projects and the new Array and Enum variables are a big addition as well. The rest is fairly minor convenience items, bugfixes and tweaks.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Rixly239

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 06:34:45 PM »
Excellent, thanks very much Lane. I'll get cracking on the Game Dev series to confirm what I already think... get cracking on buying before 1.8 ups the price  ;)

I bought Behaviour Designer recently to integrate with another visual scripting tool, then I seen the tutorial for PM integration which has brought me across  8)

Rix

flora

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 09:20:58 AM »

i am really happy about this .. your youtube tutorials have been invaluable to me!

thank you  :)