playMaker

Author Topic: 1.2 Camera Fade Out bug? [FIXED]  (Read 8182 times)

m1

• Playmaker Newbie
1.2 Camera Fade Out bug? [FIXED]
« on: September 12, 2011, 06:35:25 PM »
Does anyone else experience this?  When I trigger a Camera fade out, I see 2 things wrong.  

#1:  One of the items on screen does not fade out, although the others do. The one that doesn't fade out is the one that was created using the playmaker Draw Texture action. The other items on screen are all GUI Textures.

#2  When a Camera fade occurs, fade seems OK until it is at 100% black, then it flashes back to 100% full again for a split second.  

My goal is to fade the camera, load a new level and fade the new level in.  Is there a fix, or a better method?  

Thanks!
Brian
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:14:17 PM by alexchouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: 1.2 Camera Fade Out bug?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:28:44 PM »
#1 is tricky since Camera Fade Out uses DrawTexture behind the scenes. You might be able to play with Set GUI Depth... I'll take a look at the action also to see if I can set the depth there.

#2 is fixed in 1.2.1. If you want to fix it locally, edit CameraFadeOut.cs and remove Finish(). This ensures that the action continues to draw black while the state is active.

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 03:16:42 PM »
I use a plane that I put right in front of the camera (linked to the camera) that I fade in to simulate a camera fade out. Would this not work in your situation?

m1

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 05:19:45 PM »
I guess it's now fixed in the new version.  Thanks for that.

pixelrat

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: 1.2 Camera Fade Out bug? [FIXED]
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2015, 08:16:23 PM »
Hello I have PlayMaker version 1.7.7, Unity version 4.6.1, and am still having problem #2.

What do I do?

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 10:43:20 AM »
Hello I have PlayMaker version 1.7.7, Unity version 4.6.1, and am still having problem #2.

What do I do?

Hi pixelrat - the fade out cancels when you change state so if you move to a new state after the fade out, for example to load the next scene, then just add a "draw fullscreen color" action in the final state and set it to black or whatever. That keeps the screen black!

wheretheidivides

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 12:45:58 AM »
"Hello I have PlayMaker version 1.7.7, Unity version 4.6.1, and am still having problem #2."

if you are having trouble with #2, I'd suggest some more fiber in  your diet.

Here is link to pics to fix this.  BTW, the original post was several years ago which means GUI.  You are doing this in 2015 so UI.

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=9351.0

Daloupe

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 12:02:15 PM »
Camera fades weren't working for me. Turns out if you remove the Playmaker GUI object that playmaker automatically adds, it won't work.