playMaker

Author Topic: Sending arrays to my computer from device  (Read 1703 times)

jasperPT

• I am a VFX Animator teaching myself to make games
Sending arrays to my computer from device
« on: June 18, 2015, 03:11:21 PM »
Hi

I have been struggling with this for a while now.
I am trying to make a level editor for me and my other team mate to use.

It all works fine and the information for the level can be saved into several arrays/hash tables.

What I want to be able to do is send this information from my device to my computer.
The idea being that we can build levels on our iphones/ipads and send them to my computer in some way to put into unity/playmaker in the game scene and construct the level.

Is this possible?

So far I have looked into using google docs, the only plugin that allows it is GSFU and there is currently no playmaker support.

I have looked into using ios native to use icloud, but I don't think that is going to work. (although maybe I am not seeing it right and it does actually work?)

Is there any other way that this could work that someone can think of? Maybe some way of emailing the data across, then I can copy it into a spreadsheet for import or something?

Trying to think outside the box at this stage to find a solution.

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Sending arrays to my computer from device
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 08:32:35 PM »
This is another asset that lets you work with google spreadsheets and it does have Playmaker support https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/11818

I've used it a few times and its solid with PM
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

jasperPT

• I am a VFX Animator teaching myself to make games
Re: Sending arrays to my computer from device
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 04:59:54 AM »
I talked to the developer of G2U and he said that it doesn't work with google at runtime which is what I need sadly.

It looks great for importing stuff in the editor though.