playMaker

Author Topic: Heating Issues mobile game  (Read 1254 times)

tyb51

• Playmaker Newbie
Heating Issues mobile game
« on: June 30, 2015, 08:23:55 PM »
Hi,

I'm almost finished with my first mobile game and It's fairly polished to be my first real game. Now I have one major issue I cannot get past. After playing the game for about 2 minutes on the phone (One Plus One (so pretty high end)) the phone get's really hot to the touch. (my beta testers report the same) I checked CPU usage on android and it doesn't seem to use any more then a similar game. In profiler everything also seems normal and drawcalls never go over 50 (that is in menu; in game it's around 20).

I do have a lot of overly complex interconnections between statemachines (again...first real game) and I frequently use the send/broadcast even action. Could this be the culprit?
I must say that my game is 2D and does not really make use of any complex mechanisms and most of the screen is static but 3 continuously rotating levers. Only my menu is pretty intensive because i have many textures.(but this does not seem to be the issue as i have tried to disable these and still the same overheating effect).

I use unity 5.1.1 but it was also present in 5.0.

Has anyone had a similar experience?