playMaker

Author Topic: Is it OK to remove "Network" folder in Unity 5.1.2p3?[SOLVED]  (Read 1781 times)

niksha

• Playmaker Newbie
Is it OK to remove "Network" folder in Unity 5.1.2p3?[SOLVED]
« on: August 15, 2015, 07:48:30 PM »
Since Network in 1.7.8.3 gives a lot of errors when importing Playmaker in Unity 5.1.2 p3, I deleted the Network folder (I am not using any networking feature, game is SP only). Is this going to cause any crash or problems when updating Playmaker in future Unity versions? (then I'll go back to Unity 5.0.2)

The only two errors left are related to About and Upgrade Guide windows, which I am guessing won't have any issues in-game (right?).

BTW, two errors I still after removing Network actions are:

Code: [Select]
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/AboutWindow.cs(37,13): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'
and..

Code: [Select]
Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerUpgradeGuide.cs(38,20): warning CS0618: `UnityEditor.EditorWindow.title' is obsolete: `Use titleContent instead (it supports setting a title icon as well).'
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:49:27 PM by jeanfabre »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Is it OK to remove "Network" folder in Unity 5.1.2p3?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 08:16:38 AM »
Hi,
these are not error, but they are warnings
these warnings do not harm anything

with the upcoming playmaker version 1.8 these warning will be gone,

and the codes that give those warnings will probably not be removed before unity version 6

it is ok btw to remove the network folder

niksha

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Is it OK to remove "Network" folder in Unity 5.1.2p3?[SOLVED]
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 02:13:52 PM »
Hi,
these are not error, but they are warnings
these warnings do not harm anything

with the upcoming playmaker version 1.8 these warning will be gone,

and the codes that give those warnings will probably not be removed before unity version 6

it is ok btw to remove the network folder

OK thank you.

I'll then keep the network folder if it's not really going to cause any issues and wait for the update.

EDIT: Oh and please update PUN with the next update as well. :)