playMaker

Author Topic: Triggering Event after Animation finished  (Read 6619 times)

Tyrus

• Playmaker Newbie
Triggering Event after Animation finished
« on: September 02, 2015, 12:09:57 PM »
Hi,

I am having trouble to trigger an FSM Event(or alternatively a state) based on the animation playing in the Animator. In Unity 5.1.3 and Playmaker 1.8.0 f33

There are several options that I tried allready...

- There is a possibilty to sync Animator States to PM States with an addtional Script, shown in this tutorial but I cant get it to work at all.

- Then I tried to use an Animation Event like shown in the link below but it only worked once and stops working after that, no matter if I restart the app or anything else. It works again if I delete the Animation Event and recreate it again but still only one single time.
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W181

I hope someone has some suggestion to get it working because I am starting to loose all hope with such a "simple" problem.

Thanks in Advance

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
Re: Triggering Event after Animation finished
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 01:05:22 PM »
Can you post your FSM where the animation event is being triggered?

Tyrus

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 04:09:59 AM »
Hi,

here is all the needed information. Isn't than complicated but it is not working as I would expect it to work :/

The one marked in red should use the Animation Trigger to change to the next state.

Edit:
I forgot an other solution I tried but it seemed to lack a Script.
The "Get Animator Current Transition Info Is Name" action looked like a good way, to get the transition from one animator state to the other and trigger other states based on this but it is missing a Component called PlaymakerAnimatorProxy which is needed based on the description in the action but there is no such Component. There is only one called "Playmaker Animator Move Proxy" and "Playmaker Animator IK Proxy" but none of them was of any use to make it work...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 05:12:20 AM by Tyrus »

terri

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 09:20:20 AM »
its only triggering once because you leave the state where the event is and don't come back to it

at the time when this event needs to be called, make sure your fsm is at the right state
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:22:03 AM by terri »

Tyrus

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:59:41 AM »
It is designed as it should and is in the correct state at the needed time but it trigger only once at all. I don't mean in isn't triggering again in the same state. It isn't triggering at all when I restart the game from scratch and the same condition is met again.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:33:23 AM by Tyrus »

terri

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 02:25:20 PM »
that seems super weird

have you tried creating a dummy FSM with another animation event just to check if its working?

other than that I'm not sure, sounds like a bug

Tyrus

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 06:31:27 AM »
I figured the problem out. It wasn't triggered relieably because of the animation blending. It seems the animation event isn't triggered, depending on the blending state. I am just wondering, because the other anim had also an event trigger with the same event. SO if he isn't using the one from the first animation, it should have used the other one. But it wasn't the case.

Isn't there a way to get the animator transition event?