playMaker

Author Topic: Asset store submission when using playmaker and another asset  (Read 749 times)

colpolstudios

Asset store submission when using playmaker and another asset
« on: February 26, 2024, 05:10:37 PM »
I have created an asset that uses the Invector 3rd-person controller and also uses the playmaker asset.

My upload to the Unity asset store cannot contain these assets, but the submission will have errors due to the missing files. But that is easily solved by following the included readme instructions.

I include a read-me file with instructions within the submission and have video tutorial files showing setup and use.

But the asset store doesn't clearly show my case scenario, can you possibly help in this instance with the correct submission?

Thank you

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
Re: Asset store submission when using playmaker and another asset
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 08:02:20 AM »
I have put warnings about Playmaker and import steps where possible (description page, release notes).

Now Unity updated the publisher page that you can specify required "Package dependencies" when importing your package to the store.

colpolstudios

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 05:49:36 PM »
I have put warnings about Playmaker and import steps where possible (description page, release notes).

Now Unity updated the publisher page that you can specify required "Package dependencies" when importing your package to the store.

Thank you. Your game looks brilliant.

• Beta Group
    • Flashing Lights
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 11:54:34 AM »

Just remembered, with Playmaker be sure to include in notes to import it and then install PlayMaker manually from folder Assets/Playmaker/Editor/Install, double click on Playmaker package.
Because of project's errors missing files, the Playmaker's auto-install window won't appear to the user.