PlayMaker News > General Discussion

Unity Message to PlayMaker event component proxy, with a creation Wizard!!

(1/3) > >>

jeanfabre:
Hi Everyone,

Ok, still allergic to c#?! ok ok... so you've all been struggle to catch Unity sending messages from the animation timeline or from a third party assets. While totally fine if you know how to create a component script, it's a pain if you are not a coder...

so I made a wizard to help you generate these proxy components, by simply defining simple parameters the wizard will create the component script for you, and the component interface is conveninient enohg to give you access to the PlayMaker event target and the usual dropdown to pick a PlayMaker event from.

Launch the wizard from the menu "PlayMaker/Addons/Tools/Event Proxy Wizard"

the bonus is a test button on the component itself that you can click to test if the component works as intended.

Watch this video to see how it works

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvhYiMKgDyc
As always, get it from the Ecosystem

or direct download below:

Event Proxy Wizard

Bye,

Jean

mdotstrange:
Awesome! :) Thank you Jean!

rik:
Hi
jean i dont understand completely if i understand correctly this will make actions for 3rd party plugins or it was made for different purpose ?

rik:
Hi
pls make a video waiting for it
thanks

jeanfabre:
Hi,

it's done already :)

Basically, it's when something in Unity sends a message, which is in essence calling a public function/method on a GameObject. This wiazrd lets you create a component that can catch any such message and turn it into a PlayMaker event.

Bye,

Jean

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version