playMaker

Author Topic: Photon Networking error..  (Read 3519 times)

niksha

• Playmaker Newbie
Photon Networking error..
« on: September 23, 2015, 08:57:13 AM »
With latest Playmaker release in Unity 5.2.0p1, Photon Networking package results in following errors:

Code: [Select]
Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonView.cs(308,66): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Application.isLoadingLevel' is obsolete: `This property is deprecated, please use LoadLevelAsync to detect if a specific scene is currently loading.'

Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonView.cs(313,178): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Application.isLoadingLevel' is obsolete: `This property is deprecated, please use LoadLevelAsync to detect if a specific scene is currently loading.'

Downloaded Photon Networking from here (1.60).

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Photon Networking error..
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 10:17:10 AM »
Hi,

I'll double check, and update. Have you tried to get photon from the asset store to fix this? it may work. the package you got simply bundles everything, but you can get photon directly from the asset store too.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 09:28:36 AM »
Hi,

ok, I updated the package.

for Unity 5. Given the trouble when importing Unity 4 packages, I made a dedicated package with just the PlayMaker bridge, so you need to import Photon from the asset store, and then this package. This way it doesn't have any trouble with duplicated files when importing packages.

Let me know how it goes.

Bye,

Jean

niksha

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 08:26:30 AM »
Heh, I think the problem is with free PUN?

I get same warnings when importing free PUN package from Unity store in empty scene. Then if I import Playmaker over it, I get warnings about plugins using same folder.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 01:53:55 AM »
Hi,

yep, this warning is within pun, so we'll need to wait for them to push a update. But this is harmless so let it go, no need to chase this, it doesn't affect publications.

I also release a PlayMaker bridge package so that you don't have any conflicts on Unity 5. So Check out the wiki page:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W928

Bye,

Jean

niksha

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 10:43:24 AM »
Hi,

yep, this warning is within pun, so we'll need to wait for them to push a update. But this is harmless so let it go, no need to chase this, it doesn't affect publications.

I also release a PlayMaker bridge package so that you don't have any conflicts on Unity 5. So Check out the wiki page:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W928

Using bridge doesn't work since the separate PUN asset from store when imported with Playmaker gives this error:
Code: [Select]
Error importing folder (The pathName assets/plugins is already mapped to 002c89f108a697847977b73c3bbe823e. But the meta data wants it to be mapped to a0ac6467d6aa84e4d8c64954dce181e9)
If the previous warnings I posted aren't going to be a problem I'll just use the full package.