playMaker

Author Topic: GermZ Invazion (3rd person shooter): 99.9% Playmaker  (Read 2401 times)

Lostcity

• Playmaker Newbie
GermZ Invazion (3rd person shooter): 99.9% Playmaker
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:58:16 PM »
Just released my newest game GermZ Invazion. Unlike my past titles, this game was made pretty much entirely with Playmaker. This heavy use of Playmaker did not introduce any major performance dips (which is very important for a fast paced game like this).

You download the game for free here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/germz-invazion/id1362961394?ls=1&mt=8

Gameplay Video:https://youtu.be/OgMZVcjHWl4

Flu season is here and germs are lurking everywhere! Nobody likes being sick so it’s up to you as a white blood cell to defend the body and prevent an infection! Experience epic battles in a hairy runny nose, a very upset stomach and a super hot fever! Welcome to war... on a microscopic scale.

Game Modes: GermZ Invazion features 3 unique games modes that will put your aiming skills to the test:

1. Survival: Defeat as many enemies as you can and compete for the top spot on the leaderboards! The higher your score, the tougher the enemies.

2. Virus Hunt: Test your speed and aiming skills by defeating the required number of enemies as fast as you can! Be careful... you’ll face only the toughest germs in this mode.

3. Cell Rescue: The flames of the fever are burning hot so it’s your job to rescue as many cells as you can! Powerful enemies will try their best to stop you, so you’ll have to be cautious.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:42:49 PM by Lostcity »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: GermZ Invazion (3rd person shooter): 99.9% Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 11:56:01 PM »
Hi.
Looks nice!

PlayMaker should not have any performance issues :)
Jean made a PlayMaker version from the unity 2D platform demo (the one with the ufo) and it actually had better performance than the unity's version :D

Do you have a gameplay video?

Lostcity

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: GermZ Invazion (3rd person shooter): 99.9% Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:42:07 PM »
Hi.
Looks nice!

PlayMaker should not have any performance issues :)
Jean made a PlayMaker version from the unity 2D platform demo (the one with the ufo) and it actually had better performance than the unity's version :D

Do you have a gameplay video?

Wow that's fantastic! I was always under the impression that there would be a slight performance dip when using Playmaker vs standard scripting. In my own experience,  Playmaker has never introduced any issues which is especially important on mobile hardware where performance is even more crucial.

A link to the gameplay video has been added to to original post.