playMaker

Author Topic: Looking for Help ! ! !  (Read 10491 times)

Unisonkid

• Playmaker Newbie
Looking for Help ! ! !
« on: October 02, 2015, 10:08:07 PM »
First and foremost thank you for taking the time to visit EVERWONDER. We are a small 2 person indie team building a tremendous experience with EVERWONDER. EVERWONDER is a Semi-Open World RPG with an influence of some of the great JRPG titles. Our aim and interest is to deliver a compelling story with elements that drive the game play to different levels of enjoyment. The elements of EVERWONDER work as small gears driving the machine and when playing it the advantage of this allows you to unlock game play through your personal preference of play. Alyaes Our Protagonist is an enjoyable Care-free wanderer that will capture your heart, from being the underdog in certain situations to completely responding to a any given scenario unexpectedly. So come join us make something special for the new generation of games. ;)
This project is a work of passion and don't have funds to supply to multiple individuals upfront. If and I stress if the campaign is a success we can discuss Royalties or compensation for work provided.

http://www.kreativeweb.info/Everwonder1.0.1.html
Above Link for Pre-Alpha Build as of August. More has been done since then.
Site will be down until July 1st.

Needed Positions:
-Mainly a Playmaker Artist (Knows how to use Playmaker)
-Level Designer
-Animator
-Modeler
-Texture Artist
-Sound Engineer

Mind you I can do these Talents but having an extra hand in the fields helps out tremendously. Thanks

Game-Play Videos coming Soon....
 ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:57:33 PM by Unisonkid »

Unisonkid

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Looking for Help ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 05:01:06 PM »
I just wanted to take the time to say that the Game is still in production and I still need those positions and talents filled. If you are a Playmaker dev please come join this adventure. I am fairly familiar with PM and need more PM devs to speed up things.Thanks and hope to hear from ya.

As always you can reach me on Skype @ Xardyon0
or Email:KMSDrive0@gmail.com

Zeldag

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 05:36:59 PM »
Hi,

Sounds quite interesting. How is it coming along?

I couldn't really access the link for some reason. Not sure if it is dead or not?

Also where are those gameplay videos that were coming soon :D ? I would really like to see one.

Unisonkid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 07:25:03 PM »
I am working on Systems used in traditional Jrpg (Battle Systems, Menus, Shops, etc.) I'm Looking to put up a Game-play video on Friday. I can place an old Game-Play Video up until a new one is made.

https://youtu.be/u-us5dPtaD4
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 06:38:34 PM by Unisonkid »

PolyMad

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 04:46:53 PM »
It's unlikely you will find anybody joining the project if you don't show some screenshot or concept or game design note.

Unisonkid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 06:49:32 PM »
Just updated with an older pre_alpha Gameplay video

PolyMad

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 06:57:27 PM »
Interesting up to now.
Be sure to add innovative game dynamics, as the market is full of clones already, and "just another clone" from a very small team with very limited resources won't find any luck out there.

Unisonkid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 07:08:57 PM »
I'm a one man team as of now that is the reason for the thread is to get other members that are innovative and inspiring.

PolyMad

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 07:21:20 PM »
I'm a one man team as well... that's why I give you these suggestions: I can go on with my project almost for everything because the idea behind it is innovative enough, nothing similar exists, but I see your game is an RPG (or looks so). So my suggestion is: put something new in it, or it won't cut a good slice of sellings... because the market is saturated by similar stuff.

Unisonkid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 07:42:19 PM »
I hear ya I have a ton of things packed into that breaks the mold its just I can\t fit it all in a playable demo ya know?

PolyMad

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 07:46:33 PM »
Ye I know the feeling, I have myself much ready stuff but it's not complete in any way so it's better to not put it in a build... good then, keep it up, I know working alone requires a lot of effort and trust.

Unisonkid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 08:02:45 PM »
Do you think I should keep at it alone or should I be seeking Help?

PolyMad

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 08:45:17 PM »
Depends... can you do all or almost all alone?
From what you wrote I don't think so.
Animation takes a huge amount of time to do it well.
The problem as usual is that the project is too large.
You may thing it's small enough to do alone, but I don't think so.
That's why you need other people to cooperate.
I don't think you can pull this project alone, it would take you 2 years at least.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 07:28:48 AM »
Hi,
To find people to join,
you need to say what they will get.

will they be payed per hour?

will they be paid per project part?
(for example making a character and get paid for the finished character instead of per hour)

will they get commission?

will they get profit sharing?

Zeldag

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 01:46:33 PM »
Animation takes a huge amount of time to do it well.

Based on that quote I just have a noob question that is a bit off topic.

Is it kind of frowned upon to use animation assets from the asset store in a finished good quality commercial game? Of course I mean some carefully picked out  animations (most likely not free, unless youre very lucky) and well matched to the character. Especially with all the mo-cap stuff available wouldn't it be preferable for some indie studios in some cases?

Thanks for any input.