playMaker

Author Topic: Looking for Help ! ! !  (Read 10495 times)

PolyMad

Re: Looking for Help ! ! !
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 01:53:44 PM »
The problem with the Asset Store stuff is that you would end up finding the same things in many games. Most likely not going to be noticed if your game won't sell in the hundreds of thousands, but still...
Then there's the problem of finding exactly what you need: if you need common stuff like, say, an ogre that walks, hits, dies, then you are probably in luck. But if your game doesn't have very classic characters, you won't find anything... anywhere.
I was looking for a cool golem for my game, couldn't find anything similar, apart on the Autodesk website. It's free but needs an amount of work to reduce polygons and has no animations.
And then there's another problem: style. If you buy two different characters from two different producers, most likely they will have quite a different style and polycount and quality.
The solution? Sell sets of enemies, but then we are again there: the risk of having your game similar to other games that use the same library. Changing textures help to an extent of course, but if you want your game to be different, and reflect the brand new idea of gameplay you put in, you won't find anything ready anywhere.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 01:56:24 PM by megmaltese »

Unisonkid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »
Props Animation Asset does Animations by request and their animations are fairly decent. Its also relatively easy to find a 3D Artist via art sites such as deviant sketchfab etc.

PolyMad

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 05:36:15 PM »
Thank you, I'll consider this, but my funds are nearly zero at the moment...