playMaker

Author Topic: Jumping anim and char motor synchronicity (not)  (Read 2270 times)

markfrancombe

Jumping anim and char motor synchronicity (not)
« on: March 22, 2013, 09:03:53 PM »
I was having some trouble with my original implememntation of jumping, till I discovered a threa where Jen explains how to access the Character Motor Script, which dos most things better then... well better than me!

But im having one issue, when I try to have a jumping animation at the same time, it will play that, but WAIT for the physical jump provided by the Character Motor script...
Didnt understand? Ok Heres a film...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yat7sgtgugs0iyr/double%20jumping.mov

Whats going on here? As you can see I demo the problem, but then after turning OFF the animation, the char Motor provides an immediate jump of the character, but without the animation. How can I get them to happen simultaneously?
Do I really have to have a separate FSM for jumping animations?

Hope someone can help!
Mark

blackant

• http://blackantmaster.com
    • blackantmaster.com
Re: Jumping anim and char motor synchronicity (not)
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 05:07:41 PM »
you should set your animation wrap mode to clamp for ever or loop, this will works better and check "stop on exit" inside play panel.

i made a tutorial for this

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3413.0

markfrancombe

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 05:29:25 AM »
I havent had time to check your tut, but I think my problem is not related to the clamp forever thing... I have tried all setting for that, nothing changes.

What I thnk the problem is: ONE Fsm is handling movement, forward back left right etc.
ONE FSM is handling walking and running animations (different anim, if shift is pressed down)
AND ONE FSM is handling JUMP. The jump is set to Play Mode = Stop All.. so the jump anim interupts the walk or run anim... BUT when its over, it DOESNT go back to the walk animation, because that one was interupted, and has stopped,  (the green light goes off the action) so needs to restart somehow, but as you finger is already down on the walk/run key, its already sitting at the State...

Do I need to add a walk/run animation state AFTER my jumps, IN my jump FSM; just to kick start teh animation in another FSM; or is there a way of returning to the previous animation..?

Mark

markfrancombe

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 06:14:17 AM »
Just watched your tut, VERY NICE!! I like that you squashed all into ONE FSM.. I have about 5, that is certainly causing the problems Im having...

I think you solve my problems where you spotted that you need to set the property of the controller because it doesnt know you have stopped jumping... will check this.

I need slightly different functionality, as I have turn A and D... and a run/walk check... plus I havent broken up my jump into land, and fall... but I liked that...

The main difference it that my character doesn NTO have all its animations baked into the model, so im not using the import animation on the RIG tab at all... so I am setting the clamp forever thing in a different place, in the animation files them selves.. I suppose this is OK?

Thanks, for this though, Im going to check it out properly tonight...

MArk