playMaker

Author Topic: Play Maker Basic Starters  (Read 3635 times)

numonic

• Playmaker Newbie
Play Maker Basic Starters
« on: April 21, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »
I've been monitoring this product for a while now and it's awesome. As I am no programmer I love it that it's possible to be able to create states and manage things via visual scripting.
But I would be amazing for 3rd person kits to be exposed or even made as examples.
Especially Ai for basic enemies and Bosses.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Play Maker Basic Starters
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 03:02:44 PM »
Hi,

Doing AI with playmaker will require that you get really confortable with playmaker principle, so if you don't own yet playmaker, I suggest you watch as much video as you can: the one from Hutongs obviously, and also this:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC759306A1E692A10

Once you really are ok with them principle, you'll see that doing AI is actually where playmaker shines! but giving you advice as is, would be "shooting in the dark", what specifically would you see described and explained? don't fear to ask as many question as you need, post them as separate threads, and we will make our best to asnwer them and provide clues and examples to illustrate that particular need.

Bye,

Jean

numonic

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Play Maker Basic Starters
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »
Hi I've been watching tutorials and they seem really great, I'm working on a 3rd person game requiring several characters to jump run shoot transform into a another form. But I would need turrets that shoot at the character. Several enemy spawning so game lag won't slow the game and finally the main boss for each level.
I would need waypoints for the basic enemy characters some patroling some actually retreating if there damaged and some. Things like that.