playMaker

Author Topic: Mouselook with camera (again)  (Read 2432 times)

miguelfanclub

Mouselook with camera (again)
« on: November 12, 2015, 05:18:19 AM »
Im moving my camera along predefined spots. Once the camera moves, I want to use mouselook action as a LookAt for the the main camera.
The camera angle reset everytime the action is triggered and Z rotation is reset to 0 also.
I Have tried a modified version of the action from here http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1719.0
that fixes the angle reset on the start, but still, the Z rotation goes to 0.

I have also tried to to group the camera into a box to have the camera I want but with a 0,0,0 parent in rotation. Doing that, the action simply doesnt work.

If anybody knows how to do a simple LookAt with playmaker, please share that knowledge. If there is something Im doing wrong, feel free to point that out. If you know a package with that feature in the asset store that works with playmaker feel free to tell me.

Pandur

Re: Mouselook with camera (again)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 01:57:52 PM »

miguelfanclub

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 03:20:46 PM »
Here you orbit the camera. I need to move the target of the camera while the camera itself remains static. Pretty much what mouselook should do but it doesnt.

ManicMinerUK

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 11:10:14 PM »
if you want the camera to remain stationary, and simply rotate to "look at" the mouse position, wouldn't you be better just rotating the camera based on changes to the mouse axis?

Or am I misunderstanding your intended outcome?

miguelfanclub

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 08:05:00 AM »
I want the camera fully rotate on the the 3 axis while remain stationary based on the mouse XY movement. Its really what mouselook action does, exactly that, but without reseting the Z to zero.