playMaker

Author Topic: Action Sequence Not Working As Expected  (Read 1979 times)

memetic arts

Action Sequence Not Working As Expected
« on: November 15, 2015, 07:33:59 AM »
So....thought I'd try to clean up a particularly gnarly FSM by consolidating several states into one by enabling Action Sequence on the new state. The actions being sequenced are:

1. Hashtable Get (succeeds)
2. Find Child (fails)
3. Get Component (fails)
4. Set Property (succeeds in that it displays the value to be set, but fails in that the actual property doesn't get set)

The FSM executes all the way through, as it should . . . and when I have these actions broken out in their own states they work as expected.

If, for some reason the Find Child action were to fail, e.g. not finish, I'd think that the FSM would hang on that state rather than complete and fail.

Is there something I'm missing? I suppose it's not critical, as I do have a working FSM, but it would be nice to know what I'm doing wrong . . .

Thanks!

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Action Sequence Not Working As Expected
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 05:26:39 PM »
Hi,
Can you show some picture with the fsm and state on it?

memetic arts

Re: Action Sequence Not Working As Expected
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 10:35:32 AM »
Hi djaydino, thanks for responding.

I would have included an image initially, but it didn't seem like it would be all that useful.  I literally copied/pasted the actions from three separate states into a single state, in the exact same flow/sequence, and enabled the "Action Sequence" option.

I can add an image though, of course, just will have to wait until later when I have more time to pull it together (assuming you'll want to see the settings for each action?).

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:22:01 PM by memetic arts »