playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMakerGUI in release builds?[SOLVED]  (Read 2065 times)

Pawl

• Playmaker Newbie
PlayMakerGUI in release builds?[SOLVED]
« on: November 19, 2015, 10:30:47 PM »
It looks like the PlayMakerGUI component is being included in our release builds. Is this necessary?

Troubleshooting some issues with a flickering mouse cursor where I believe PlayMaker is updating the mouse cursor (Screen.showCursor, Screen.lockCursor) behind our back causing the flickering.

I realize there is a 'Control Mouse Cursor' checkbox, but we have 10+ scenes and the PlayMaker GUI component auto-adds itself to each one, so it's difficult to track this down.

Thanks,

Paul
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:50:31 AM by jeanfabre »

Auggie

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: PlayMakerGUI in release builds?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 10:49:37 PM »
There's an option in preferences to turn the auto loading of the GUI component off

Pawl

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:45:49 PM »
I did notice that... however, what does the PlayMakerGUI component even do?

If it only applies to the custom in-editor gui stuff, shouldn't it be checking #if UNITY_EDITOR?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:04:24 PM »
PlayMakerGUI is needed if you use GUI actions that use OnGUI. The PlayMakerGUI component batches OnGUI calls from all GameObjects into a single OnGUI call, making it much more efficient than the default OnGUI.

PlayMakerGUI also draws state labels, which can be useful to see in release builds.

If you don't need either of these, you can delete PlayMakerGUI from the scene. Make sure you un-check the preference to automatically add PlayMakerGUI to the scene.

Pawl

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 12:41:44 AM »
Thanks for the great explanation, Alex.

I forgot that PlayMaker renders state labels altogether, so I can see where that could be useful in release builds.