playMaker

Author Topic: XML data to hash tables using datamaker tutorial  (Read 4387 times)

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
XML data to hash tables using datamaker tutorial
« on: December 10, 2015, 06:04:55 AM »
I finally figured out how to get my xml data into hash tables using Arraymaker+Datamaker with lots of help from this forum and djaydino's tuts

Datamaker is awesome :)

I couldn't find any datamaker tutorials that started from nothing and went step by step to get xml data into hash tables so I made a tutorial for it- hope it helps other beginners

How to get XML data into hash tables using DataMaker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqRwEPGjWpk
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: XML data to hash tables using datamaker tutorial
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 10:10:44 AM »
Hi,

Woah, I am impressed. I watched it and enjoyed it a lot, it was great to see you making your way inside DataMaker and ArrayMaker, for sure this will help a lot of people understanding the power behind these tools.

As for the glitch on missing the hashtable add action, very odd, it's when you switched back to the previous state.

which version of PlayMaker did you used?

Tips: turn off "dim Finished actions" in PlayMaker pref so you can see all actions from all state clearly when debugging.

Bye,

Jean

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: XML data to hash tables using datamaker tutorial
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 05:41:26 PM »
I'm using Unity 5.3- and thx for the tip on the dimmed actions  :)

Keep up the awesome development Jean!
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!