playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker and Simple Waypoint System help needed  (Read 2328 times)

Geropellicer

• Playmaker Newbie
PlayMaker and Simple Waypoint System help needed
« on: November 26, 2015, 02:05:10 PM »
Hello there. Im developing a 3d game in unity with PlayMaker (wich is behaving excellently so far, congrats for the work guys).
The game is about a character running through a forest, so you have three different lanes and you can switch between them using "a" (for left) and "d") for right keys.
Since the path has many curves, I decided to work with Simple Waypoint System and its PlayMaker actions.
I already managed to change the character's path when you press "d" or "a" to the next path to the right or left, respectively, using the "SWS_Set Path" action. My problem is that when the character switches to a new lane, it doesn't swtich to the closest point of the new lane, but to the starting point. So each time you press "a" or "d" the character actually changes to the desired path, but it starts from the beggining point rather than continuing where it left.

Any ideas on how I can fix that?
Im open to change SWS for other system that you think suits my project best, all I need is a three-lane system where the character should be able to change among them on some key events. (like Subway Surfers, Temple Run, etc except mine isn't an infinite running, but a running in a level with an starting and finishing point).

Thanks in advance, sorry for my english
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 02:12:19 PM by Geropellicer »

Geropellicer

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: PlayMaker and Simple Waypoint System help needed
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 06:37:38 PM »
I already managed to tackle the issue. I followed a link some people on the SWS forum recommended me and it works. I leave the link in case it is useful for somebody http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/simple-waypoint-system-sws-move-objects-along-paths.115086/page-17#post-1632856