PlayMaker Updates & Downloads > Share New Actions

ArrayList Find GameObjects Inside Collider

<< < (2/4) > >>

omgitstri:
Hello,

Maybe it's just my workflow that makes me think it's a bug.
I usually have the Root contain all the scripts/FSM and have its Child be the mesh, that way i could always update the mesh whenever I want to without having to add the script/FSM again. Because of this, my Root gameobject don't have a mesh renderer and that causes the action to not work.

Tri Nguyen

omgitstri:
Hello,

The action does not seem to work if it is on a prefab that gets instantiated.
I tested this by:

* instantiating the prefab at 0,0,0 with object tagged as 'Tile' at the same location but the Play Maker Array List Proxy does not update
* then I tried placing the prefab at 0,0,0 beforehand without instantiating and it managed to grab the objects that are tagged as 'Tile'
Tri Nguyen

Deek:
I've created two new actions based on dudebxl's derivations to be found on the Ecosystem:
"List Game Objects Inside Collider" and "List Game Objects Inside Collider 2D".
They differ in that they rely on the target GameObjects to have Collider/Collider2D components instead of Renderer/Sprite components, the 'Collider Target' variable only allows the right component to be inserted, the 'Tag'-variable only shows the existing tags as a drop-down list instead of a string input and is set to 'Untagged' by default; they optionally store the result in an FsmArray, store the amount of entries and update every frame.

I would also propose, that the actions by dudebxl actually say that the target GameObjects need to have a Renderer component and for the 2D version a Sprite component somewhere, because they are otherwise confusing and don't seem to work if you don't know that.

Fat Pug Studio:

--- Quote from: Deek on March 11, 2018, 11:36:59 AM ---I've created two new actions based on dudebxl's derivations to be found on the Ecosystem:
"List Game Objects Inside Collider" and "List Game Objects Inside Collider 2D".
They differ in that they rely on the target GameObjects to have Collider/Collider2D components instead of Renderer/Sprite components, the 'Collider Target' variable only allows the right component to be inserted, the 'Tag'-variable only shows the existing tags as a drop-down list instead of a string input and is set to 'Untagged' by default; they optionally store the result in an FsmArray, store the amount of entries and update every frame.

I would also propose, that the actions by dudebxl actually say that the target GameObjects need to have a Renderer component and for the 2D version a Sprite component somewhere, because they are otherwise confusing and don't seem to work if you don't know that.

--- End quote ---

Am i doing this right?

I don't seem to be getting anything :(

DanielThomas:
Just wanted to say I get the same problem as krmko, nothing shows up. Anyone who can confirm they got it to work?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version