playMaker

Author Topic: how about using udp to connect vvvv and playmaker?  (Read 4239 times)

kyy921

• Junior Playmaker
    • 上海杉蔓数字科技
how about using udp to connect vvvv and playmaker?
« on: March 06, 2012, 12:59:08 PM »
VVVV is a powerful free software, it almost can do everything include connect arudion, capture color tempurature, wet ,hot, or tracking color, get outline, 

i think that why we not just create some action can tranfer the data(color vector2 vector3  ,text or what),
so we can use vvvv's power to get data , and drive unity3d to create some amazing effect(unity3d is more better in 3d effect),

maybe udp? so we can open the vvvv and our unitypacked exe, use vvvv do the video tracking, and using unity's 3d amazing effect to follow it, and its all real time!

kyy921

• Junior Playmaker
    • 上海杉蔓数字科技
Re: how about using udp to connect vvvv and playmaker?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »
vvvv

elbows

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 07:58:23 PM »
I could be wrong but I don't think you will find that there are very many people using a combination of Unity and vvvv, so don't expect a large amount of interest in this. Nothing wrong with using the two together, but as most people are using Unity for games or other stuff that isn't being used in conjunction with separate node-based graphics stuff, its going to be a very small niche.

I mean look at the OSC stuff I did, OSC is a fair bit broader than something specific to vvvv, but the number of people who have PlayMaker and want to use OSC isn't going to be that large, so for vvvv it would be even less.

Personally I've used vvvv in the past but its not part of my current setup and I have too many other things to do, so Im afraid I won't be trying to help out with this one.

kyy921

• Junior Playmaker
    • 上海杉蔓数字科技
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 01:44:21 PM »
thank you , in fact I can do it with osc, I ask a stupied question, sorry about my foolish