playMaker

Author Topic: Font quest: The beginning!  (Read 1246 times)

Hakazaba

• Playmaker Newbie
Font quest: The beginning!
« on: December 07, 2015, 07:09:15 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to playmaker, and have some pretty strange things that i want to do with it. Ive been messing around for a while to do what i want, but it occurs to me that it is probably wise to ask those much more experianced than i for advise on how they would go about doing this. So, with no further ado, here goes.

First, I want to add Font as a data type that arraymaker can store, so i can make an array full of all of the fonts in my project for use later on. (note, i will probably want to add more types that can be listed later)

After that, i want to make a custom text box that can handle multiple different fonts based on players sending chat with their preferred font over a network connection.

So! Please advise. I have tried adding font alongside all of the code by hunting through different declarations, though it started all making a lot less sense to me once i realised i couldn't directly edit FsmEventData.

I emplore you Playmaker gods. Teach me your ways.

Hakazaba

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Font quest: The beginning!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 09:03:07 AM »
Good news, I figured out how to add font as a type myself. I have the gui working now for the font array, i still need to do some testing, and write an action that populates it by searching for all of my fonts. I will probably try to add it to the hashtables too, since that would be useful.