playMaker

Author Topic: Basic debugging question: How to jump to a point in a game?  (Read 1292 times)

indeed

• Junior Playmaker
Basic debugging question: How to jump to a point in a game?
« on: December 09, 2015, 11:13:04 AM »
Hi, I'm curious if Playmaker offers anything to help with this. I often need to test something that happens say, 7 minutes into a level. Is there a way using Playmaker to easily jump to that point? I know how to do this with an individual FSM, just setting a new state as the start point. But is there a way to do it in the middle of an entire level, after having gone through several FSMs across several game objects?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Basic debugging question: How to jump to a point in a game?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 01:57:38 PM »
Hi,

It will greatly depend on your logic implementation, wether you can "transport" player in a different location of your level, same with enemies, etc etc.

Since Unity is not a Linear system, like a video, it's hard to "fast forward" without taking this feature into account from the ground up.

If this is for test, you should be make test levels with that feature available straight away. Provided the feature is delivered as prefabs, it should be ok. I would first investigate this kind of editor only levels before messing around with affecting the whole game to test a late feature in a level.

Bye,

Jean