playMaker

Author Topic: Different Timing depending on Scene structure  (Read 1731 times)

Gida

• Playmaker Newbie
Different Timing depending on Scene structure
« on: December 10, 2015, 08:55:41 AM »
Howdy,

I did notice, that Unity has some timing issues. For instance: I have a drag and drop scenario. The dragged object checks its goal and stores a global int.
So if its int is correct, it will drop (set the correct Prefab visible) to the goal and the dragged object will respawn at the stack.

Problem: The collider at the dropping place sends a global event to the other FSM to respawn it. Depending on the Gameobject it is parented to, it sometimes works and sometimes doesnt.    ??? ???

It seems, because in one constellation the Event is launched before the comparison and vice versa. Sometime it changes depending on the Distance to the Camera.

Question: Has anybody run into that too? And if yes, can you tell me if its an Unity issue or a Playmaker thing.

Thanx

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Different Timing depending on Scene structure
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 09:23:34 AM »
If something as arbitrary as camera distance is an issue then you usually have something broken in the conditions or process flow. For instance if you're using rays then it could be hitting another object instead, colliders could be touching other nearby colliders instead, stuff like that.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

Gida

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 09:40:07 AM »
Hi Lane,

and thanks for the fast reply. I thought about raycast interruption too. But since the target object highlights itself on mouseover (mousepick turns on the meshrender Component), the Raycast seems to come through. I did also increase raycast Value but nothing. Maybe ill make i Video.

Greetz

Gida

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 02:32:47 AM »
Ok, im getting closer.

I have some content in my scene, which is a child of an empty GO. The GO is deactivated at loading of the scene. Then it gets active. Right now the drag and drop doesnt work anymore. Cheked the global variables. everything fine there.
Most FSMs seem at start position.

So any clues?