PlayMaker News > General Discussion

UnityLearn 2D Platformer 100% to PlayMaker [FEBRUARY 2020]

(1/3) > >>

jeanfabre:
Hi Everyone,

The whole project is available on Github

It's basically a one to one port of a pure c# project made by the UnityLearn Team a while ago. This project is a 2d platformer using Mecanim for the characters animation, so there is a lot of material to learn and discuss.

It works on Unity from version 2020.2 onwards and works with PlayMaker 1.9.1 or up

I will be using and pointing to this project and particular Fsm/features when answering questions, so If you are learning PlayMaker, I would suggest you get a copy of this project somewhere on your harddisk so you can refer to it and experiment with it as well.

This project is also a very good support for benchmark and compare the performances between the exact same project with and without PlayMaker. The results are very positive, so this is great :)

You will find more infos on the Github readme page

Bye,

Jean

Rebooter:
I downloaded this and opened it in Unity. I got a lot of errors as Playmaker isn't installed in the project at this point. I download and import Playmaker, but it doesn't add anything to the Unity menus and the Playmaker installer doesn't appear. All the errors about missing Playmaker stuff still shows.

jeanfabre:
Hi,

Yes, because Unity can't run the PLayMaker welcome screen, so you need to manually import the package from the assets/PlayMaker/Editor/installs/ folder.

Bye,

Jean

Rebooter:
Ok, I got it to load. Playmaker is installed and there are no errors, but I'm not seeing any FSMs on anything.

Rebooter:
Ok, I got it working. I had loaded the scene in Assets\Scenes\Level, I had missed the 'PlayMaker Unity 2D Demo' folder.

I had started over and deleted the project folder and after getting Playmaker imported, I had to comment out line 11 of the file  'PlayMakerAnimationEventProxy.cs' because it needed PlayMakerUtils which wasn't there. After doing this I was able to get the PlayMaker installer to run. Then I installed the ArrayMaker package which I guess contains PlayMakerUtils and was then able to uncomment the line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version